Seeing inside of the turbine chamber.

In the first photo, we are seeing the underground stonework of the turbine chamber. The wall on the left is the remains of  Lock 3  which was part of the first phase of the Canal and dates back to the 1826-1831 period.

The gravel was put into the chamber to protect it following the burning of the Starr building.

The metal items are the remains of the turbine used by the Starr plant following the closure of the Canal.