MEET AT THE FAIRBANKS CENTRE
The Fairbanks Centre is a wonderful, inexpensive space for meetings and events.
A spectacular location for your next business meeting or staff gathering.
The Shubenacadie Canal Commission invites you to arrange your next special function at the Fairbanks Centre. The facility is available year-round, and just minutes from downtown, but nestled into a quiet edge of Shubie Park. Where else could you treat your staff, customers and associates to such a unique venue?
The site is shared with Canal Locks 2 and 3, making it one of the most historic settings in Dartmouth.
During breaks, your guests can tour the exhibit area where the history of the 1860’s Canal era is brought to life. They can have lunch there too, or on the balcony overlooking the historic locks and the waterway’s Deep Cut. Those who wish to take a refreshing stroll at lunchtime can find several short hikes along the canal route between two of Dartmouth’s most popular lakes.
During the summer months other services are available at Shubie Park. Kayak rentals and cafe services are located adjacent to the meeting space.
the avery room
- Can accommodate up to 40 people at meeting tables, or 80 in a theatre-style set up.
- The space is comfortable, has great natural acoustics, is ‘tech-ready’ with handicapped access and there is lots of free parking.
- Your rental fee includes; podium, flip chart.
- You have the option of arranging for your own catering or we can offer a list of great catering options.
- The room has a sound system and an LCD projector available for an extra fee.
boardroom meeting space
- Can accommodate 6-8 around a boardroom table.
- The space is comfortable, has great natural light is ‘tech-ready’ with handicapped access and there is plenty of free parking.
- Available for use LCD projector and flip chart.
ROOM BOOKING DETAILS
Please complete the Room Booking Agreement VIA the form below.
You will be contacted when this form is received and will be notified if the time and date you had requested is available.
If you have not been contacted after one business day please call 902-462-1826 and ask for Paula.
A room booking agreement must be completed to confirm the booking.
ROOM BOOKING AGREEMENT
Fields marked with an * are required
The Fairbanks Centre is available during regular business hours, year-round, with free parking and just minutes from downtown, but nestled into a quiet edge of Shubie Park.
The Avery Room can accommodate up to 40 people at meeting tables, or 80 in a theatre style set up.
The Fairbanks Boardroom can accommodate 6-8 or is available as breakout space.
AFTER HOURS BOOKING
The Avery Room can be made available after hours. Please contact us ahead of time to discuss this.
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICY
All bookings are subject to a $50 charge if cancelled with less than 3 business days’ notice.
ROOM RENTAL AGREEMENT
All users are responsible for their own catering. It is the responsibility of the user to ensure the space has been cleaned up (tables must be emptied of garbage, dishes etc.). All garbage must be placed in garbage cans, the user is not responsible to remove garbage from the building.