MEET AT THE FAIRBANKS CENTRE
The Fairbanks Centre is a wonderful, inexpensive space for meetings and events.
A spectacular location for your next business meeting or staff gathering.
The Shubenacadie Canal Commission invites you to arrange your next special function at the Fairbanks Centre. The facility is available year-round, and just minutes from downtown, but nestled into a quiet edge of Shubie Park. Where else could you treat your staff, customers and associates to such a unique venue?
The site is shared with Canal Locks 2 and 3, making it one of the most historic settings in Dartmouth.
During breaks, your guests can tour the exhibit area where the history of the 1860’s Canal era is brought to life. They can have lunch there too, or on the balcony overlooking the historic locks and the waterway’s Deep Cut. Those who wish to take a refreshing stroll at lunchtime can find several short hikes along the canal route between two of Dartmouth’s most popular lakes.
During the summer months other services are available at Shubie Park. Kayak rentals and cafe services are located adjacent to the meeting space.
the avery room
- Can accommodate up to 40 people at meeting tables, or 80 in a theatre-style set up.
- The space is comfortable, has great natural acoustics, is ‘tech-ready’ with handicapped access and there is lots of free parking.
- Your rental fee includes; podium, flip chart.
- You have the option of arranging for your own catering or we can offer a list of great catering options.
- The room has a sound system and an LCD projector available for an extra fee.
Are you ready to book your event? Please complete the Room Booking Agreement HERE